1. Supplication should start with, “Bismillah…In the name of Allah, Praise is to Allah, and Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon the Messenger of Allah and should end with (Peace and Blessing be upon the Messenger of Allah).”
2. Supplication should be performed secretly and with a present (sincere) heart. Allah (SWT) said: “Invoke your Rabb (Cherisher and Sustainer) with humility and in secret, He likes not the aggressors.” (Qur’an 7:55)
3. Supplicate Allah (SWT) with humility and express your need of Allah (SWT). He said: “Verily, they used to hasten on to do good deeds, and they used to call on Us with hope and fear, and used to humble themselves before us.” (Qur’an 21:90)
4. Insist to Allah (SWT) in your supplication by repeating it many times.
5. Invoke Allah (SWT) by His Names and Attributes. He said: “And (all) the Most Beautiful Names belong to Allah, so call on Him by them.” (Qur’an 7:180)
6. Supplicate Allah (SWT) by mentioning the righteous deeds you have done. Narrated Abdullah bin Umar (Ra), that he heard Allah’s Messenger (SAW), saying “Three men, amongst those who became before you set out until night came and they reached a cave, so they entered it. A rock slithered down from a mountain and blocked the entrance of the cave. They said: “Nothing will save you from this except that you supplicate to Allah (SWT) by mentioning the righteous deeds you have done, etc.” (Bukhari and Muslim)
7. Admit your sins during your supplication. Allah (SWT) said: “Dhan-Nun (Jonah), when he went off in anger, and imagined that We shall not punish him. But he cried through the darkness (saying): La ilaha illa Anta (none has the ,right to be worshiped but You) Glorified be You, Truly, I have been of the wrongdoers.” (Qur’an 21:87)
8. Repeat each sentence of your supplication three times. From the long Hadith narrated by Ibn Masaud (Ra), and when the Prophet (SAW) finished his Salat, he raised his voice and supplicated on them and when he supplicated, he supplicated three times….” (Muslim)
9. Face the Qiblah (Mecca) during your supplication. Narrated Abdullah bin Zaid (Ra): “Allah’s Messenger (SAW) went out to his praying place to offer the Salat of Istisqa (rain) He invoked Allah (SWT) for rain and then faced Al-Qiblah and turned his upper garment inside out.” (Bukhari)
10. Raise your hands while supplicating Allah (SWT) as in the Hadith of Abu Musa (Ra): when the Prophet (SAW) had finished from the battle of Hunain, he said “the Prophet (SAW) asked for water, performed ablution and then raised his hands saying ‘O Allah forgive Ubaid Abi Amir.” (Bukhari and Muslim)
11. Be in the state of Purity during your supplication. (See the previous Hadith)
12. When making supplication for others, start with yourself first then include others. Allah (SWT) said about Noah (AS) “My Rabb (Cherisher and Sustainer) forgive me and my parents and him who enters my home as a believer, and all the believing men and women..” (Qur’an 71:28)
13. Do not be aggressive when you are supplicating Allah (SWT) such as asking Him to make you a prophet and you know there will not be a prophet after Mohammed (SAW) or make you live for ever and you know every one will die.
14. Remember to include your parents in your supplication (if they are Muslims only or they died on Islam but if they are alive and they are non believers, you can not supplicate Allah (SWT) to have mercy on them or forgive their sins, you are only allowed to ask Allah (SWT) to guide them to the right path “Islam” )
15. Be patient. Do not expect an immediate response from Allah (SWT) although this could happen. But if it does not, then you should be patient and continue supplicating Allah (SWT) until you see the results. Narrated Abu Hurairah (Ra): Allah’s Messenger (SAW) said: “The invocation of anyone of you is responded to by Allah (SWT) if he does not show impatience by saying; ‘I invoked Allah (SWT) but my request has not been granted.’” (Bukhari and Muslim)
Salam, please spread this message about posting pics & reblogging images of sisters. There are creeps (many non-muslims who have developed a hijab fetish) out there that steal images of hijabi sisters and upload them on to filthy porn sites. Please save the honour of our sisters and help stop it at the root, by controlling images being uploaded. I want to leave you with this hadith... “Allah is more deserving of your modesty than are the people.” [Ahmad, Abu Dawood, Tirmidhee and others: Saheeh]
Wa’alaikomissalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,
May Allah Azza Wa Jall bless you whoever you are brother or sister. Alhamdulillah, you have pointed it out.
Even before I wasn’t practicing as much it was never a “go” for me to put up images of mine online, I used to have the fear of people’s comment, but back were those days. Alhamdulillah for the Guidance of Allah Azza Wa Jall.
This is true, it’s so easy to crop out the pic of a sister and place it on a not so good photo of someone else. With the help of the advanced technology these days nothing can be impossible in regards to photo alteration or manipulations.
To my sisters, my beloved Queens, I feel the urge that pushed this person to send this message, and I pray Allah Azza Wa Jall rewards him on this (I do believe he is a man - woman’s intuition).
The question I want you all to ponder about is, why is there a need to post a picture of you online? What is it that you want to say? That you’re beautiful or that you’re this and that?
I want you ponder about the story of Julaybib and Zahr Radiyallahu Anhum, these two sahabah didn’t had the most pleasing physical appearance, but our Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wassalaam would always encourage them to boost their self-confidence.
He Sallallahu Alaihi Wassalaam used to say I am from him and he is from me to Julaybib RA, with his physical looks no one would even like to speak with him nor would someone like to get married to him, but because of the beauty that Julaybib RA had in his heart, Allah Azza Wa Jall bestowed him with the companionship of a woman of beauty and status.
The point I’m making her is that if its for the adoration of people that you are posting up these pictures, then I ask you to think again and ponder of what it can affect you, yes the effect of posting a picture won’t be immediate, but don’t wait for it to come with a bad calamity, believe me my sisters, i know a sister who had become a victim of this thing and until now she haven’t recovered from it and it will break my heart again seeing a beloved sister go through this.
Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wassalaam, always encouraged Julaybib and Zahr RA because he knew how much beauty they had in their heart, he would always make the rest of the Sahabah RA see that what really matters is the beauty you hold within your heart, the physical appearance is just an extra bonus, we are all created unique by Allah Azza Wa Jall, we all have different beauties, different but not surpassing the other one’s beauty.
I pray this message reaches you all and I am not misunderstood at any point, if I have offended anyone then please forgive me.
When you help someone, make sure it’s 100% for the sake of Allah. To instill this lesson, sometimes those you’ve helped most, become the most ungrateful and even stab you in the back.”—Yasmin Mogahed (via islamicrays)
“He who is attracted to you because you showed perhaps your legs or your shape - those legs are not going to look like that for the rest of your life, nor will you be able to maintain that shape forever. So therefore it is better for you to realise that he who is attracted to your heart, your goodness and your character is the one to whom no matter what you look like, he will love you and adore you and 60 years down the road would still tell you that you’re ‘the one’.”—
“Don’t announce your problems to the world looking for sympathy. Most don’t care, many don’t want to hear them and some are glad you have them. Address your concerns to Allah, He’s always there and He can help.”—(via islamicrays)
The reciters of the Qur’an are of three types:
1.Those who take it as merchandise with which they ply their trade.
2.Those who recite its words but fail to comply with its injunctions, they use it to lord over the people of their land and rely on it to ascend to positions of authority. There are many who fall into this category, may Allah make their number small!
3.Those who treat the Qur’an as a cure and apply it to heal the ailments of the hearts. They recite it in their places of devotion and attain tranquility, they weep in their hooded cloaks, and they are overcome with fear and somberness. It is for their sake that Allah sends down the rain and it is through them that Allah confers victory against the enemy. By Allah this category is rarer than red gold.
al-Ḥasan al-Baṣrī [d 110H/728CE]
[Ibn Abi al-Dunya, al-Hamm wa’l-Huzn #152 / Bayhaqi, Shu’ab #2621]
Bukan intan permata
Bukan paras rupa
Pandangan Tuhan pada manusia
Beriman dan bertaqwa berakhlak mulia
Di sisi Tuhan itu yang utama
Siapa yang berbakti dengan ketabahan
Sabar menempuh ketentuan Tuhan
Baginya syafaat dunia akhirat
Kurnia Tuhan tidak terkira
Di dalam menjalani hidup didunia
Tiada lepas dari pancaroba
Kita yang diciptakan dengan kelemahan
Perlukan petunjuk panduan Tuhan
Tiada yang kuasa melainkan Dia
Mentakdir menentukan segalanya
Supaya selamat dunia akhirat
Tekun pada amal ibadah
Oh Tuhan yang Esa
Pada-Mu kami panjatkan doa
Moga dipeliharakan ditetapkan iman
Dunia ini penuh cabaran
Oh Tuhan yang Esa
Untuk-Mu kami tempuh segala
Pandanglah dengan rahmat-MuPandangan kasih-Mu
Pimpinlah kami jalan bahagia